Before anything like Truecaller was even heard of, spam calls (a type of unwanted call that occurs when a company dials an extremely large number of people at once) were very common. Although their frequency has soared in recent times, applications such as Truecaller have come to everyone’s rescue with their spam protection feature.
Thanks to Truecaller, anyone using it can simply tag any unwanted caller as spam and add it to the block list to prevent future calls. Besides, users can similarly deal with spam messages. That is why having a Truecaller account is necessary these days.
If you are yet to use Truecaller, create your account, and don’t forget to set your profile picture for easy identification by others (who have not saved your contact but would like to save it). You can either add a new photo or follow this guide on how to change profile picture on Truecaller.
Without further ado, let’s dive straight into this.
How To Change Profile Picture On Truecaller
Whether you are an Android user or an iOS user, it is extremely easy to change profile pictures on Truecaller. In case you can not figure it out, here is a step-by-step guide on the same.
How to Change The Truecaller Profile Picture in Android
Follow these steps to change your Truecaller profile picture on Android.
- Open the Truecaller app.
- On the top-right corner of the app, tap on the Hamburger option (three horizontal lines).
- Now, there are two options to change the profile picture. First, you can either tap on the profile picture space or tap on the edit icon. The following screenshot depicts the above.
- Upon choosing any of the above options, you will land on your Truecaller profile section. This is the only section from where you can change your name, update the phone number, email address, address book, professional information, and much more. Here, tap on the pen-shape edit option on the profile picture space.
- From the Add photo options menu that appears at the bottom of the screen, tap on any suitable option to add your profile picture. You can either take a new picture or choose one from the gallery. In either option, just follow the on-screen steps to complete the process.
- Your profile picture on Truecaller has been updated.
How to Change the Truecaller Profile Picture on iPhone
To change your Truecaller profile picture on your iPhone, you have to follow almost the same steps as discussed above in the Android case. Still, here is the gist.
- Open the Truecaller app.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon in the top-left corner.
- Tap on the “Edit profile“.
- Now, you can set your profile picture in Truecaller.
How To Change The Profile Photo On Truecaller (Using Google and Facebook Accounts)
If you are finding the above-discussed steps on how to change profile picture on Truecaller lengthy and time-consuming, you can quickly fill out your Truecaller profile with either Google or Facebook (if you use Facebook). This way, the Truecaller will sync your Google or Facebook account details to complete the profile section, including your profile picture.
To do so, follow these steps.
- Open the app and head to the profile section following the above steps.
- On the top, you will find the option to select Google or Facebook to fill out your Truecaller profile.
- Tap on any suitable option and follow the on-screen steps.
- Congratulations, your latest profile picture on Truecaller is set.
How To Remove Profile Picture On Truecaller?
If you want to protect your privacy by preserving your identity from random Truecaller users or miscreants, you can also choose to remove the profile picture. To remove your profile picture, follow these steps.
- Open the Truecaller app and head to the profile section following the above steps.
- Tap on the pen-shape edit option on the profile picture space.
- From the Add photo options menu that appears at the bottom of the screen, tap on the last, i.e., the “Remove current photo” option to remove your current profile photo.
- Your profile picture has been removed.
So, these are the quick steps to change or remove your profile photo on Truecaller.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, Truecaller is a completely legal and safe application to use. It provides you with tons of useful caller identification features including spam protection, call recording, automatic reply, blocking, and so on.
Suppose you have not yet set a Truecaller profile picture and you are calling someone who might not have saved your number. In this scenario, there are slight chances that the receiver may or may not attend your call. To let the other person identify you easily, it is recommended to set a clear profile picture. Also, profile pictures help in differentiating between individuals with the same name.
Although the company confirms it is completely safe to sync your Google or Facebook accounts with Truecaller, it is not recommended as hackers might hack your account to seek your personal information from the Truecaller account. Hence, always manually fill out your Truecaller profile.
To remove your profile picture, head to your profile section, tap on the pen-shape edit option on the profile picture space, and tap on the Remove current photo option.
Truecaller is undoubtedly a great asset for individuals who remain on the receiving end of spam calls and/or messages day in and day out. With its spam protection feature, you can not only get freedom from unwanted calls but also enjoy tons of other benefits.
In this how-to guide, we discussed how to change profile picture on Truecaller and if you have one already, the steps to delete it are also discussed.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any problems and we would be happy to assist you.
You Might Also Like: