Launched by Mark Zuckerberg in 2004, it did not take much time for Facebook to break into the list of most viral social media platforms. Today, it has over 1.9 billion daily active users (that is HUGE!). Just like any other platform, the app lets you connect with your family & friends, share multimedia (pictures, music, videos), and do every other cool stuff and let others know about it.
Talking about the Facebook story feature, it was launched in March 2017 and is considered the 2nd news feed for the social media giant. Similar to Instagram, every Facebook story disappears after 24 hours of the time they were published.
Sounds disappointing? Don’t worry!
There is an easy solution to this problem.
What if your favorite Facebook stories could be saved permanently on your device?
Yes, you heard that right!
It is possible to download a Facebook story video online with music and enjoy it.
Wondering how? Read ahead.
How To Download Facebook Story Video Online?
Gone are the days when Facebook storydownload sounded like no real thing. Today, third-party online tools, chrome extensions, and mobile apps are some of the handpicked hassle-free means to download a Facebook story video online on any device.
Let us dig deeper into each of these.
- Download Facebook Story Video Online With Music On The Desktop
Some third-party tools only download Facebook story videos with visuals and not audio. If you want to download both video and audio, follow these steps.
- Search for the Story Saver extension on the Chrome web store and click on Add to Desktop.
- Open any video story (on Facebook or Instagram) you wish to save online. You will see the extension icon ( ) at the top-right corner of the browser. Click on it.
- The extension will download the story for you.
- Open the Download folder and locate the file. You can also play the video to check the video with music.
Note that this extension also renames the story to something readable. If you are unable to play the video, save the video again using the same procedure, and play.
- Download Facebook Story Video On Your Mobile
Statistically, the majority of Facebook users access the platform via their mobile. If you fall in the same category, here is the best third-party application you can consider to download Facebook story videos on your smartphone in a blink of an eye.
To do so, follow these steps.
- Open the Google Play Store or iOS app store on your smartphone.
- Search for the FB Downloader app and tap on Install.
- Open the Facebook app and copy the video’s URL you wish to download.
- Paste the link in the URL section of the app and tap on Download or Go.
Alternatively, you can try out another free third-party website to download any Facebook story video online with music.
To do so, follow these steps.
- Head to this Facebook video downloader by GetInDevice.com
- Open any social media platform like Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and copy the URL of the video/story you wish to download.
- Paste the copied URL in the section provided and tap on DOWNLOAD.
- Play the downloaded video and in the case of any error, follow the above steps to download the video again.
If you find the above process time-consuming, you can add Getfvid’s video downloader extension to your browser to download videos without having to copy-paste URLs.
Other Applications To Download Any Facebook Story Video Online
Out of all the popular third-party applications to download Facebook stories, the leading ones are Getfvid and FB Downloader as discussed above. Both these options work on both smartphones and desktops.
Besides, below are other free resources to help you out.
- Download Manager
- Advanced Download Manager
- Get Them All
- FVD Free Video Downloader
- HVD (High Definition Videos)
- KeepVid Android
- All Video Downloader
- FastVid: Video Downloader For Facebook
This list comprises the best and highly trusted options for both Android and iOS users. And don’t worry, you can trust all of these applications/websites with your Facebook login credentials and other information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can easily download any Facebook story or video you feel like on both smartphones and desktops. There are tons of free resources to help you with it. For example, websites, applications, and extensions.
Facebook stories are user-generated video collections. The feature was launched in March 2017 and is considered the 2nd news feed for the social media giant. It’s worth noting that Facebook stories can only be viewed twice and they disappear after 24-hours. So, you must download or save the stories on your device to enjoy them in the future.
Though Facebook does not have any built-in option that protects your identity from the owner of the story, you can still try some cool ways to watch Facebook stories anonymously. These include the offline method, swiping method, deactivating your account, etc
Yes, all the third-party sites and applications are completely safe and secure to use.
The Bottom Line
Just like Instagram and Snapchat, Facebook is now becoming the treasure of amazing videos and stories, courtesy of Facebook’s development team. Furthermore, the built-in video enhancement features, filters, and effects give life to any boring media in seconds.
The only issue with all the aforementioned platforms is the 24-hours life of the stories. Nevertheless, there are several ways to download or save your favorite story or video on your device to enjoy it later.
In this article, I discussed my favorite sites, apps, and Google Chrome extensions for the same. Try these out and do let me know in the comments below your feedback.
You Might Like:
- How to Use two Headphones in One PC
- How to connect YouTube From Phone to TV
- How to Delete Truecaller Profile
Featured Image from – vecteezy.com